Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Thursdays Thoughts: What has perturbed me lately

Has anyone noticed how hard it is to have a real conversation with people these days? I mean I've just 18 but still I like to talk about things that actually stimulate the mind (I know it sounds cheesy). When I'm with other girls my age, honestly, all we ever talk about is: Boys, pop music (they refuse other genres), movies (but never about plot or good acting. Only how good looking actors are), gossip, wanting new clothes/electronics, etc.  When we do talk about books (not that it happens often) all they know about is mainstream books like Twilight and Gossip girl anything else goes right over their heads. And to add insult to injury, when we hang out together a lot of the time everyone is on their cell phone or laptop texting, Black Berry Messaging, or Facebooking other people rather than talking to each other while we're in the same room! I find that so ridiculous, it makes me think why did you invite me in the first place? Couldn't I have just stayed home and texted you?

For once I would like to hang out with a bunch of girls my age and discuss classic books like To kill a mockingbird, Shakespearean plays, the works of Oscar Wilde, Jane Austen, Charles Dickens, etc. Watch movies that actually have a point or some complexity to the plot and actors who commit to their roles rather than cliche movies filled with good looking celebrities. I would love to be around open minded people who are able to listen to anything from Lady Antebellum, Kid Cudi, Guns N roses, right down to the genius which is Florence + The machine. I'd like to talk about current events, the news, or even our own lives and go to places like museums, dancing, or roller skating when we hang our rather than "chilling" at someones house or the mall.

Now dont get me wrong, I'm not saying we should sit around like we're Dorthy, Rose, and Blanche. I'm just saying we're almost out of high school there is more to life than boys, celebrities, and materialistic things.

Face Palm  -_-'

Well that's my rant for today folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment